- Teaching and Communication Certificate (comprised of at least 100 hours of designated workshops with a portfolio design), Spring 2021, NC State University, USA
- Accessibility in the Classroom, October 12 - November 11, 2020 with NC State university, USA
- Designing Effective Online Courses, August 17-September 2, 2020 with The University of North Carolina System, USA
- Spoken English for International Graduate Assistants, received recommendation for conducting class, LSU, USA
- Exploratory Data Analysis, 4 hours, July 2020, provided by Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Carry, NC, USA
- Quality Methods, 4 hours, July 2020, provided by SAS, Carry, NC, USA
- Statistical Thinking and Problem Solving 4 hours, July 2020, provided by SAS, Carry, NC, USA
- Introduction to Python, 4 hours, May 2020 provided by DataCamp, NC, USA
- Introduction to Molecular Spectroscopy, 16 hours (4 weeks) July 2020 provided by Coursera, CA, USA
- 3D printing for different stages of learning, July 2020 with MakerBot
- Replacing metal with 3D printed carbon fiber parts, May 2020 with MakerBot
- Impact Failure of Plastics, June 2020 with Society of Plastic Engineers (SPE), USA
- Data Security Training, 2019, NCSU, USA
- Engineering Cafes: Compelling Introductions and Abstracts, NCSU, USA
- Engineering Cafes: Professional Emails, NCSU, USA
- Fire Safety Training, NCSU, USA
- Ethics Training for Public Servants, Louisiana Board of Ethics, November 27, 2016, LA, USA
- Protecting Human Research Participants, National Institute of Health, August 27, 2017, USA
- Preventing Sexual Misconduct Training for LSU Employees, December 6, 2016, LSU
- How to success at interview: University of Sheffield, UK,
- A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study: University of Reading, UK
- Two months long industrial attachment done in Knit Concern, Narayangonj, Bangladesh
- Seminar on Textile Manufacturing organized by Textile Talent Hunt Team on 29 August 2012, Gulshan, Dhaka
- Seminar on Personal Branding and Research Methodology organized by Textile Talent Hunt Team on 30th August 2012 at NITER, Savar, Dhaka
- Kabir, SMF., Haque., S., (2021). A mini review on the innovations in sizing of cotton. Journal of Natural Fibers, (Accepted)
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., & Seyam, A.M. (2021). Maximizing the performance of 3D printed fiber-reinforced composites. Journal of Composite Science, 5(5), 136.
- Akter, Maimuna, Maitry Bhattacharjee, Avik Kumar Dhar, Fahim Bin Abdur Rahman, Siddika Haque, Taslim Ur Rashid, and Kabir, SMF (2021). Cellulose-based hydrogels for wastewater treatment: a concise review. Gels, 7 (1).
- Mathur, K., Kabir, SMF., and Seyam, A.M. (2020). Tensile properties of 3D printed continuous fiberglass reinforced cellular composites. The Journal of The Textile Institute. 1-10.
- Chakraborty, S., Hoque, S. M., Kabir, SMF (2020). Predicting fashion trend using runway images: application of logistic regression in trend forecasting. International Journal of Fashion design, Technology and Education, 1-11.
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., & Seyam, A.M. (2020). The road to improved fiber-reinforced 3D printing technology. Technologies, 8 (51).
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., & Seyam, A.M. (2020). Impact resistance and failure mechanism of 3D printed continuous fiber-reinforced cellular composites. The Journal of The Textile Institute, 1-15.
- Rashid, T. U., Kabir, SMF., Biswas, MC, Bhuiyan, MAR. (2020). Sustainable wastewater treatment via dye-surfactant interaction: a critical review. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 21 (2020), 9719-9745.
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., & Seyam, A.M. (2019). A critical review on 3D printed continuous fiber-reinforced composites: history, mechanism, materials and properties. Composite Structures, 111476.
- Kabir, SMF., Cueto, R., Balamurugan, S., Romeo, L. D., Kuttruff, J. T., Marx, B. D., & Negulescu, I. I. (2019). Removal of acid dyes from textile wastewaters using fish scales by absorption process. Clean Technologies, 1(1), 311-324.
- Kabir, SMF, Chakraborty, S., Hoque, S. M., & Mathur, K. (2019). Sustainability assessment of cotton-based textile wet processing. Clean Technologies, 1(1), 232-246.
- Kabir, SMF., Rashid, T. U., & Negulescu, I. I. (2019). Gelation of textile dye solution treated with fish scales. Gels, 5(3), 37.
- Hannan, MA, Haque, H, Kabir, SMF, & Rahman, MMR (2019). Chemical-free scouring and bleaching of cotton knit fabric for optimum dyeing performance. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 37(4), 265–280.
- Kabir, S., Sikdar, P., Haque, B., Bhuiyan, M. R., Ali, A., & Islam, M. N (2018). Cellulose-based hydrogel materials: chemistry, properties and their prospective applications. Progress in Biomaterials, 7 (9), 1-22.
- Hannan, M. A., Haque, P., Kabir, SMF., Rahman, M. (2018). Scope of sustainable pretreatment of cotton knit fabric avoiding major chemicals. Journal of Natural Fibers, 15 (9).
- Bhuiyan, M. R., Ali, A., Islam, A., Hannan, M. A., Kabir, SMF., & Islam, M. N. (2018). Coloration of polyester fiber with natural dye henna (Lawsonia inermis L.) without using mordant: a new approach towards a cleaner production. Fashion and Textiles, 5(1), 2.
- Iqbal, M., Kabir, SMF., Rakib, M., Rashid, M., & Sikdar, P. (2018). Characterization of waste bamboo strips underscoring node effects. Journal of Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies, 3(1), 163–173.
- Kabir, SMF, Iqbal, M., Sikdar, P., Rahman, M., & Akhter, S. (2014). Optimization of parameters of cotton fabric whiteness. European Scientific Journal, 10(No. 36), 200-210.
- Hannan, M., Islam, M., Kabir, SMF, Kafi, A., & Sheikh, S. (2014). Effect of yarn count & stitch length on shrinkage, GSM, and spirality of single jersy cotton knit fabric. European Scientific Journal, 10(No. 36), 188-199.
- Hannan, M., Sheikh, S., Kabir, SMF., Hossain, M., & Rouf, M. (2014). Scope of knit denim products using reactive dye and convenient washing effects. International Journal of Recent Development in Engineering and Technology, 5(No. 3), 1-9.
- Nasir, S., Sarker, M., & Kabir, SMF., (2014). CSR as a way of employee satisfaction and profit maximization. Bangladesh Textile Today, Volume no. 07(November).
Articles in Process/Review
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., & Seyam, A.M. (2021). Comparing performance of 3D printed and injection molded fiber-reinforced composite parts in ring spinning traveler application. Journal of Composite Materials (under review).
- Akter, Maimuna; Rahman, Fahim; Abedin, M. Zainal ; Kabir, SMF., (2021). Removal of reactive dyes from textile effluent using banana peel: isotherm, kinetic and thermodynamic studies. Textiles, (under review).
Conferences and Seminars
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., Seyam A.M., (2020). Current research state of fiber-reinforced 3D printing technology. The 3rd International Conference on Material Strength and Applied Mechanics, December 6-9, 2020, Online Conference (Invited).
- Kabir, SMF, Mathur, K., Seyam, A.M., (2020). On the mechanics of 3d printed fiber-reinforced composites: assessment of tensile and impact of cellular structures, 2nd International Conference on Technical Textiles, National Textile University, Faisalabad, Pakistan. February 18-20, 2020 (Invited).
- Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., Seyam A.M., (2020, Spring). 3D Printed Fiber-Reinforced Composites, Graduate Seminar, Wilson College of Textiles, NCSU, Raleigh, NC, USA (Invited).
- Seyam, A.M., Kabir, SMF., Mathur, K., (2019). Impact rresistance of 3D printed fiber-reinforced cellular composites. International Conference on Innovative Textiles, MLV Textile and Engineering College, Bhilwara, India, December 6-7, 2019 (Invited).
- Kabir, SMF., Seyam A.M, Mathur, K., (2019). Current research state of 3D printed fiber-reinforced composites. International Society of Industrial Fabric Manufacturers, Sringhill Suites by Marriott, Greenville, SC, October 21, 2019 (Invited)
- Stannard, C. & Kabir, SMF., (2018). Fishy Finery. Mounted Gallery Exhibit at the International Textile and Apparel Association Conference, Cleveland, OH, Nov. 6-9, 2018.
- Hannan, M., Haque, P., Kabir, SMF., & Rahman, M. (2017). Scope of sustainable pretreatment of cotton knit fabric without using chemicals – an environmental friendly approach. 2017 2nd Asia Conference on Environment and Sustainable Development (ACESD 2017), Tokyo, Japan.
- Sheikh, S., Kabir, SMF., Hannan, M., Khan, A. (2015). Effect of woven fabric structure on dimensional stability- a lead time saving approach for the sustainability of Bangladeshi woven industries. International Integrative Research Conference on Governance in Transition: Perspective and Practice. BARD, Comilla, Bangladesh